The Panem Debate Council, the determinant council on national debates in the nation of Panem, announced today the qualifications for general election debates for the national election cycle.
In order to participate, candidates must achieve all of the following:
- Candidates not affiliated with a registered political party must reach at least ten percent in five successive polls over the period of one month prior to the debate in question.
- Candidates affiliated with a registered political party must reach at five percent in five successive polls over the period of one month prior to the debate in question.
- Candidates must be registered with the appropriate authorities to run for president or vice president.
According to the qualifications above and based on prior polling, we can determine that the lineups for the first presidential debate and the vice presidential debate. The following are the participants with lowest polling on the outside and the highest on the inside:
- Presidential debate: Paylor, Maxwell, Mellark, Canth, Ren
- Vice presidential debate: Kindred, Canth, Tarson, Germaine, Trenton
According to our current calculations, former Governor Elizabeth Steinbeck, who is running as an independent with no running mate, does not poll within the ten percent needed in even one poll to qualify.